Successfully deploying multimedia services and applications in mobile environments requires adopting an interdisciplinary approach where multimedia, networking and physical layer issues are addressed jointly. Content features analysis and coding, media access control, multimedia flow and error control, cross-layer optimization, Quality of Experience (QoE), media cloud as well as mobility management and security protocols are research challenges that need to be carefully examined when designing new mobile media architectures. We also need to put a great effort in designing applications that take into account the way the user perceives the overall quality of the provided service. Within this scope, MOBIMEDIA is intended to provide a unique international forum for researchers from industry and academia, working on multimedia coding, mobile communications and networking fields, to study new technologies, applications and standards. Original unpublished contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge and practice in the integrated design of efficient technologies and the relevant provision of advanced mobile multimedia applications.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI’s Mobile Compass.
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Algorithms, architecture, applications of future Internet and next-generation networking
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN)
- Vehicular networks
- Algorithms, architecture, applications of 5G,
- Massive MIMO
- Wireless performance analysis
- Millimeter wave and Terahertz communications
- Localization, positioning and tracking techniques
- Wireless communications testbeds
- Multimedia based signal processing
- Speech/audio processing
- Multimedia data analytics
- Mobile crowdsensing
- Real-time stream data mining
- Social network mining and recommendation
- E-business fraud detection
All registered papers will be published by EAI Proceedings and made available through ACM Digital Library (ACMDL) and European Union Digital Library (EUDL).
MOBIMEDIA proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Regular Papers: 10 – 20
Short papers: 5 – 9
Full Paper Submission deadline
31 January 2020
16 March 2020
22 April 2020
Start of Conference
22 July 2020
End of Conference
23 July 2020